Car Seat Check App ($1.99)
Expert advice from the AAP on selecting the right car seat for your child and installing it safely. HealthyChildren.org, the American Academy of Pediatrics’ official web site for parents, presents an easy-to-use Find a Car Seat checker to quickly learn what car seat is right for your child based on age, height, and weight. Installation instruction videos, audio clips, and articles help you use the seat safely. Review the full product guide updated for 2013, including prices and size limits.
Find a Car Seat:
- Enter in age, height, weight to determine the right seat type
- Review car seats by weight limit, height limit, price, and type
- Drag icons into the Favorites row for quick access to the resources you use most often
- For children with special needs, access manufacturer contact information
- Instructional installation videos
- Installation safety articles
- Find local installation technicians
- Safety videos and audio clips
- Connect to product recalls
- FAQ of common questions on travel, shopping, recalls, etc.
- Safety articles from HealthyChildren.org
ADHD TRACKER APP (FREE)
ADHD Tracker App (Free)Using the Vanderbilt Scales published by the American Academy of Pediatrics, ADHD Tracker makes completing and submitting a behavioral assessment easier for parents and teachers of children ages 4 through 18 years who have already been diagnosed and treated for ADHD.
A healthcare professional may request a behavioral assessment for children with ADHD to be completed several times a year or as needed. This app helps track behavior patterns and ADHD symptoms using the NICHQ Vanderbilt Assessment Follow-Up, part of the American Academy of Pediatrics “Caring for Children with ADHD: A Resource Toolkit for Clinicians, 2nd Edition.”
By using these recognized guidelines, ADHD Tracker allows users to keep a daily record of behavior to gather more accurate details and improve evaluation. Once completed, the assessment results can be emailed for further analysis by a healthcare provider who can review the results and any side effects to medication to help determine whether a child’s treatment plan needs to be modified.
This app is not a diagnostic tool. It can assist a healthcare team to monitor a child’s progress with ADHD treatment in school and at home, helping them gain a better understanding of how ADHD is impacting the child’s mental and physical health.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided with this Application is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment; it is for informational purposes only. Before using ADHD Tracker, all users should read and agree with the full Disclaimer available in the application within Terms and Conditions.
IRONKIDS APP ($3.99)
The ultimate video workout program and training app for young athletes. Led by nationally recognized sports medicine physician Jordan D. Metzl, MD, FAAP, IronKids provides everything a young athlete needs to safely and effectively build strength, balance, and fitness; prepare to excel in sport; and keep playing by preventing injury. Includes video instruction on 9 exercises to work the core, upper body, and lower body; strength training pointers; and tools to create custom workouts.
Complete IRONKIDS Workout Program:
- 45-minute workout and program
- Video clips and descriptive summaries of 9 different exercises
- Core, upper body, and lower body training
- Videos on strength training pointers, basics, and principles
- Tailor you workout to specific needs based on sport, season, body, etc.
- Create custom workouts
- Set goals and reminders
- Review training tips
- Additional information from HealthyChildren.org, an official website of the American
Led by Jordan D. Metzl, MD, FAAP:
- Nationally recognized sports medicine physician at Hospital for Special Surgery
- 29-time marathon runner
- 9-time Ironman triathlete
Motivation, light weights, and a mat are the only requirements. Professionals, such as doctors, coaches, trainers, and others can also use the app for their patients or teams in conjunction with the Home Strength Training for Young Athletes DVD.